In order to earn a Yuma Union High School District diploma, regular education students are subject to graduation requirements that include credit requirements and competency test requirements that the State Board of Education adopted. Students must meet all graduation requirements before we will allow them to participate in commencement exercises. We will designate students with grade point averages of three point five (3.5) or higher shall with honors. We have outlined the graduation requirements for regular education students below:
A minimum of 22 units of credit are required for graduation. Listed below are the requirements that a student must complete before he/she may receive a Yuma Union High School District diploma:
- English: four (4) credits
- Mathematics: four (4) credits
- Science: three (3) credits. Students may substitute one (1) course in agriculture or technology to count toward the high school graduation science requirement as per R7-2-302(4).
- Social Studies: three (3) credits
- One (1) credit for World History/Geography
- One (1) credit for United States History
- One half (1/2) credit for United States Government
- One half (1/2) credit for Economics
- Physical Education: one (1) credit
- Fine Arts or CTE (Career/Technical Education): one (1) credit
- Elective Credits: Six (6) credits
Below is a list of scholarships and summer programs we have on file sorted by deadline date. All applications (unless otherwise noted) should be turned in to the Career Center by the date posted on this list NOT by the date indicated on the application.
Everything that you submit to scholarship committees should be typed unless the application specifically asks for something to be handwritten. To help you complete a neat and readable application, you will find applications that are available in PDF format at the bottom of this page. You must click on the arrow located to the right of the document to download and edit an application. Applications are listed in alphabetical order. You will need Adobe Reader to download, open, and fill out the applications. The computers in the Career Center are available before and after your school day so you can prepare the documents for your application packet.
Certain applications indicate "COMPLETE GENERAL APPLICATION PACKET". Use the Senior Year Guide located at the bottom of this page to help guide you in completing your packet. Please note that the GENERAL APPLICATION PACKET includes the following items:
- Title page with scholarship name, your name, and high school name (centered on page)
- General Application form (found on the bottom of this page)
- a resume;
- personal essay;
- three letters of recommendation;
- a high school transcript.